Stay in touch

Get updates about the latest immigration news and be better informed about the Canadian Immigration Process.
First Name
Email address
Secure and Spam free...
BlogExpress EntryWork PermitWork Visa

Obtaining a Work Permit to Work in Canada

By June 7, 2019 June 2nd, 2022 No Comments

To come to Canada as a temporary international worker, you have to obtain a work permit. There are various type of their work permits.

If you are not a Canadian resident or permanent local, you require a work permit to work legitimately in Canada. You need to apply for a work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or a Canadian visa office before you enter Canada. For these work permits:

  • You have to get a work offer from a Canadian company prior to applying.
  • The employer needs to get a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and also Social Development Canada (ESDC).
  • ESDC will decide whether the company can employ an international worker to load the job.

There are special work permits for some type of workers. As an example, there are special work permits for live-in caregivers program, business individuals and agricultural laborers.

To learn more, book an appointment with our Toronto immigration Way lawyer.

If You Are in Canada

You could just request a work permit from within Canada if you:

  • are currently in Canada and have a legitimate study or work permit, or your spouse or parents have a study or work permit,
  • have actually graduated from a program at a Canadian college, community college, CÉGEP, openly funded trade/technical college, or other qualified school
  • have a short-term resident permit that is valid for six months or more,
  • have actually applied or been included in an application for permanent residency from within Canada (you will need to pass specific phases generally application procedure to be qualified for a job permit),
  • have actually requested for refugee condition in Canada and are waiting for a choice from the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada,
  • have been recognized by the RPD as a convention refugee or protected person,
  • have actually had your refugee case declined by the RPD yet you could not be gotten rid of from Canada for reasons beyond your control, or
  • are enabled to work in Canada without a job license but you require a work authorization to operate in a different task

For more info on getting a successful work permit application approved or to consult your application, book an appointment now with our Toronto immigration lawyer.