As Canada continues to attract an increasing number of immigrants every year, the government has introduced several visa categories to facilitate this influx. One such visa category is the Super Visa. Read on to learn more about the super visa, the eligibility criteria, the requirements, and how to apply for it.
What is a Super Visa?
A Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or parents’ permanent residents to stay in Canada for up to two years per visit without renewing their status every six months. This visa is valid for ten years, meaning the holder can travel to Canada as often as they wish during the visa’s validity period.
Who is eligible for a Super Visa?
To be eligible for a Super Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have a signed letter from your child or grandchild inviting you to Canada, promising financial support and accommodation during your stay in Canada.
- You must have a medical exam conducted by a designated panel physician.
- You must have proof of private medical insurance valid for at least one year from a Canadian insurance company that covers health care, hospitalization, and repatriation.
- You must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada, including the return journey.
What are the requirements for a Super Visa?
The requirements for a Super Visa are as follows:
- The parent or grandparent must be admissible to Canada.
- The child or grandchild must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and provide a letter of invitation promising financial support and accommodation for the parent or grandparent during their stay in Canada.
- The parent or grandparent must undergo a medical examination from a designated panel physician.
- The parent or grandparent must have private medical insurance valid for at least one year from a Canadian insurance company and must cover health care, hospitalization, and repatriation.
- The parent or grandparent must provide evidence that they have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada, including the return journey.
- The parent or grandparent must meet other eligibility criteria, such as having a clear criminal record and not posing a security or health risk to Canadians.
How to apply for a Super Visa?
To apply for a Super Visa, the following steps need to be taken:
- Obtain a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild, who must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, promising financial support and accommodation during your stay in Canada.
- Undergo a medical examination from a designated panel physician.
- Purchase private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that covers health care, hospitalization, and repatriation and is valid for at least one year.
- Complete the application form and submit all required documents, including the letter of invitation, proof of private medical insurance, and proof of funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada.
- Pay the application fee and wait for a decision on your application.
The Super Visa is an excellent option for parents and grandparents who wish to visit their children or grandchildren in Canada for extended periods without renewing their status every six months. However, the application process for the Super Visa can be complicated, and it is recommended to seek the assistance of a reputable immigration lawyer to ensure that all the requirements are met, and the application is submitted correctly. We can help you navigate the Super Visa application process and ensure you meet all the requirements for a successful application.
Our Latest Blogs
Understand your Legal Right to be here
Fill out your information below to schedule a consultation!
Reach Our Office location
Kurzfeld Law Office of Immigration
110 Sheppard Ave E Suite #630 North York, ON M2N 6Y8
What Our Clients Say
“Remaining in Canada is not very easy as you need to a have legal status. Yet, things get easier when we dealt with Ronen as we believe and trust on his immigration advice. We indeed rely with him and his team and they are very helpful when it comes to paperwork. I still remain with my husband and my daughter here in Canada as i always get extension because of their team effort. Thank you so much and i would surely recommend Sir Ronen to anyone who wants to enter or remain in Canada.”Cynthia Tajunio
“I have been a client of Ronen since I first came to Canada year 2008 and since then all of my application they handle were all successful and they brought my mom and currently doing my dad’s application, and also my Permanent Resident visa was APPROVED!Bryan Rana
I’m greatful and happy at their services.
And they are afordable also…
God bless you more Sir Ronen, your family and your staff…”
“Ronen and his team is great at what they are doing. They are very helpful on all my family’s immigration applications. I am on of their clients who continuously seek their services because they keep on proving the quality of service they render. I am proud to say that we got positive results on all our applications and now i am entrusting another application that will give us the opportunity to remain in Canada for good and i believe in them. Your team always give us hope and a better opportunity on fulfilling our dream to be one of your many successful applicants who are now enjoying the perks of living in Canada. More power and success!”Joseph Tagayun
“Law Office of Ronen Kurzfeld is one of the most reliable immigration law firms that offers an excellent service to each of their clients. My family is very fortunate that we have experienced such kind of a quality service when my husband seek their professional assistance for his PR application. We were being guided and assisted all through out the process and we could easily approach any of the staffs especially Mr. Ronen. The team are equipped with technical know-how, very professional and organized yet very easy to deal with. We were given a timely feedback and various options to consider and our concerns were addressed properly. Their transparency, resiliency and immigration advice were the key to our successful application. We indeed highly recommend their firm to those who wish to apply as they could be your gateway to Canada.”Joan Castro