Immigration Lawyer Toronto & #1 Canadian Immigration Lawyer Ronen Kurzfeld
Child Sponsorship Lawyer Service Toronto, Canada | Ronen Kurzfeld
One of the priorities of the Canadian Immigration Office is child sponsorship because they understand the urgency of providing stability to a child. However, there is still a process that must be completed and requirements that must be met.
We have handled many cases and understand what it takes to increase the speed of the application process and the success rate.
Who can become a sponsor?
You can become a sponsor if you are:
- at least 18 years old
- a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
- If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
- You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
- can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).
Who can be sponsored?
Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below, on the day we receive your complete application:
A child who depends on their parent (i.e. the principal applicant and/ or the sponsor) for financial or other support. A son or daughter, who is a dependent of their parent when the child is:
- Under 22 years old and does not have a spouse or partner; or
- 22 years old and over and has depended substantially on the parent’s financial support since before the age of 19 because of a physical or mental condition.
The importance of hiring an immigration law firm
The success of child sponsorship is, no doubt, very important to you, and, therefore, you’ll want to maximize your chances of success. However, it is likely that you have never had to endure an application process like this before. An experienced immigration law firm like us, on the other hand, has a wealth of knowledge. We understand the steps that must be taken for a speedy and successful application process.
We can take care of all the small steps so that you have the peace of mind that your child sponsorship is getting handled the right way. Our services have already helped many families get reunited in Canada, and you can be the next one.