“Parents sponsorship Canada” is a significant issue immigrants often have. Being separated from your parents or other family members is incredibly stressful when you have to live without them in Canada. IRCC has redesigned the family reunification process to address this issue. Consequently, it is now possible for Canadian citizens and permanent residents to apply to sponsor their parents’ and grandparents’ immigration to Canada.
In 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) plan to accept 25,000 applicants for the Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) under the parents and grandparents sponsorship Canada 2022 program. In addition, recent IRCC reports claim that in the future years, there will be an increase in PGP immigration. For example, in 2023, 28,500 candidates are anticipated to immigrate, and in 2024, that number will increase to 32,000 immigrants.
Requirements For Sponsoring Parents For A Green Card In 2022
To be eligible to immigrate to Canada through family sponsorship programs, a person must have a qualifying relationship with someone who already resides there. The sponsoring individual must also be at least 18 years old. The relationship between sponsors and sponsored people is accepted as qualifying in several situations, per Canadian legislation. For example, Canada’s citizens and permanent residents are permitted to sponsor a brother, sister, nephew, or niece in addition to a spouse, conjugal partner, children, parents, and grandparents.
The United States offers a family-based green card system that enables citizens to sponsor spouses, minor children, and unmarried children over the age of 21. At the same time, U.S. permanent residents can petition parents and other close relatives.
You must complete the following requirements to sponsor a green card for parents:
- A photocopy of an ID from the government
- A copy of your citizenship documentation is required
- If you were not born in the United States, a copy of your passport or Certificate of Obtaining citizenship is required
- You must be able to prove a qualifying relationship
- A copy of the civil union certificate for your parents
- A copy of each parent’s birth certificate (or, if you don’t have access to them, evidence such as medical or school records and an explanation of why you can’t get the birth certificates, as well as other supporting documentation)
- To prove that you can support them at 125% above the poverty line, you must first submit the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
- A receipt (I-797) for Form I-130 submitted to USCIS is evidence of your parents’ immigration status
- Two passport-size photographs of them as proof of their admittance and inspection from the U.S. Port of Entry
The IRCC will then ask for details regarding your dependency ratio, the number of individuals you wish to sponsor, and their data.
You will receive a confirmation number after submitting your form.
Ways To Bring Family To Canada
You can apply to sponsor your parents for permanent residence or to bring them here as visitors. While they wait for their parental sponsorship application to be processed, many people will get their parents to Canada as guests due to the lengthy processing times for parental sponsorships.
Two key distinctions might help you choose between applying for a super visa and determining whether your family would be better off with a visiting visa.
Grandparents and parents can enter and exit Canada many times for a maximum of 10 years with a super visa. It indicates that parents with a super visa will not require a ten-year renewal. Additionally, they have a two-year maximum stay in Canada. A visitor is only permitted to stay in Canada for six months at a time on their visa before having to leave and return home or petition to extend their stay.
The most extended period of stay allowed under a visiting visa is six months. After this time, the bearer must leave Canada and return or submit an application to extend their stay.
Consulting Immigration Lawyer Is The Best Thing To Do
Ronen Kurzfeld, your Immigration Lawyer, can make your parent, grandparent sponsorship procedure simple and quick. So, if you want to bring them to United, start the application process right now with our assistance at https://www.immigrationway.com/ or give us a call right away at 647-249-7976.