Citizenship and Immigration Canada uses a “point system” to assess the eligibility of people who want to immigrate to Canada as “Skilled Workers”.
On August 17, 2012, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship proposed the following points grid:
Points are awarded based on 6 factors:
- Education (maximum 25 points)
- Language Ability in English and French (maximum 24 points for first language and 8 points for second language)
- Work experience (maximum 15 points)
- Age (maximum 12 points)
- Arranged Employment (maximum 10 points)
- Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)
Applicants must obtain at least 67 points to qualify.