Stay in touch

Get updates about the latest immigration news and be better informed about the Canadian Immigration Process.
First Name
Email address
Secure and Spam free...
Work Permit

Getting your post grad work permit

By January 10, 2023 January 16th, 2023 No Comments

The Post-Graduation Work Permit allows students who have finished their studies from a Canadian post-secondary organization to get as much as 3 years of Canadian job experience.

Applicants should get a work permit within 90 days of getting written confirmation (for example, a transcript or a main letter) from the educational institution indicating that they have actually fulfilled the needs for finishing their program of study. Calculation of the 90 days starts the day when the trainee’s final marks are released or when formal notice of program completion is obtained.

Your study permit has to be valid when you send your application for a work permit authorization. If your study permit expires prior to completion of this period, you can apply for an extension. You have to get the extension of the work permit before it expires. Consult with Ronen Kurzfeld immigration lawyer for more info on time restrictions.

Graduating students can get the Post-Graduation work Permit only once in their life, regardless of the number of degrees finished in Canada.

A Post-Graduation work Permit could be provided for the duration of the study program, as much as an optimum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer compared to the pupil’s study program, and also the study program should be a minimum of eight months in length. As an example, if you graduate from a four-year level program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the requirements. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no greater than eight months.

It is highly essential to get your work permit after completing your studies in Canada to get sufficient work experience. With the help of an immigration lawyer, you can successfully fill your application just to be ensured that it is not rejected the first time. You can call us anytime to book an appointment.

Leave a Reply